[wplug] Laptops

Bill Powell billpwl1 at home.com
Sat Mar 24 00:43:00 EST 2001

I have managed to get S.u.S.E and and Caldera on my Compaq LTE 5380 which is
also a P133 but with 32M ram and bought a second hard drive and caddy. Once I
was able to find documentation from the Mfg. on the video chip and sound
system I was able to find info from other people that had everything working.
It is slower that I like, but it saved me several hundred dollars (bought
used) at the time and the challenge was well worth it.

You can find quite a bit of hardware information at
http://www.linhardware.com/
or also at http://www.linux.org/hardware/     .

Bill