[wplug] Gnome

Beth Skwarecki skwareea at screech.cs.alfred.edu
Thu Mar 15 22:06:47 EST 2001

> Anybody know much about Gnome for Windows?
> I can't seem to find it anywhere, though there was a story on /. recently
> (yes, I followed the link...but couldn't find the actual file to download)

I know you've gotten lots of helpful suggestions, but let me add another:
GTK is available for Windows. If you go to www.gimp.org you can download
Gimp for windows, which of course uses GTK. Poke around there (and the
associated mailing lists) a bit and you should find out about how to run and
write other GTK programs, apply themes, the whole bit. Note: I'm not saying
it's easy.

I run Gimp on windows but don't spend enough time with my Windows box to
have the desire to apply themes or anything.

--beth

--
Beth Skwarecki
http://playground.alfred.edu/~bethnewt/