[wplug] Gnome

David G Matthews dgm4+ at pitt.edu
Thu Mar 15 12:58:43 EST 2001

I don't remember what is was called, but I read an article about it in the
most recent issue of Maximum Linux.  Cygwin sounds right.  The port was
done by a guy who worked for AT&T.  The project started out by porting the
Korn shell to NT, so that sysadmins used to a Unix-based environment would
have a more comfortable way to script things, and then the guy just
decided to go for broke and port Gnome over.  I think (I'll have to check
this; I don't have the mag in front of me at the moment) it only runs on
NT/Win2K.  I do remember that it is free for download.
I'll look this up when I get home and send more info.
-dgm