[wplug] Gnome

Damon C Ragno dcrst10+ at pitt.edu
Wed Mar 14 17:43:39 EST 2001

http://user.sgic.fi/~tml/gimp/win32/ is the site for gtk for win32

but however, acording to gnome's official FAQ...

Q:  What does GNOME not run on?

A:  GNOME does not run on any form of Microsoft Windows. It may run on
another machine and be displayed on Microsoft Windows, but this is not
quite the same thing; and you will still need to have access to a machine
which is running it. GNOME does not run on BeOS or MacOS. It doesn't run
on eCos, the embedded operating system.

I think what you were remembering was when someone compiled gnome on win32
using a unix layer that I can't think of the name of. Probably a slashdot
article on it, so maybe search there.