[wplug] Window Managers, Desktop Environments ect.

Brad Hoover b_hoovs at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 13 21:31:24 EST 2001

Hello all,

I posed the question on the list about a year ago,
which do you use KDE or GNOME?  A lot of you were kind
enough to respond, but now I'm curious if any new
developments have changed things.

I prefer to run GNOME/Enlightment for my needs, but
since I do not have my own linux machine and have to
use my schools lab, I can't explore any other
environments. Thankfully, the lab runs
GNOME/Enlightment. What do you all think of KDE 2.1?
Or Nautilus?  Or Helixcode?

Which brings me to my next question:  What the hell is
Helixcode or now Ximian?  Is it simply another window
manager or is it more interwoven with GNOME than that?

Thanks, Brad