[wplug] multi network IF, want to pick address

Rick Smith rick at rbsmith.com
Fri Mar 9 20:04:16 EST 2001

Hi,

I'm connected to 2 networks: thru ppp0 and eth0.
The eth0 my default route: my connection to the general internet,
DNS and my mail server.

When I try to use sendmail, it hangs up, wanting to resolve my address,
for which it uses the ppp0, which it seems to be thinking is my address:
  Mar  9 19:57:55 sharp sendmail[21905]: gethostbyaddr failed: 2

I'm wanting my address to be the address of eth0.  I've played around
with ifconfig and route and haven't hit on the magic incantation.  As
I will go read more man pages and sendmail books and things like that,
I'm hoping someone might understand what is going on and point me in
the right direction.

Does this make sense?

Rick