[wplug] cheap thrills

Jack Detrick vze24938 at verizon.net
Wed Mar 7 16:52:24 EST 2001

Doug Green wrote:
> As an aside, (ahem!) if anyone can help me configure my machine to use OpenGL
> or hardware acceleration, I would really appreciate it! I'm running Mandrake
> 7.2 with a Voodoo Banshee video card. Any tips/suggestions would be great,
> because I keep getting a failed request with XFree86 - DRI problem (whatever
> that means). Thanks in advance-

Go to http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs-hints/html/3Dfx_DRI.html
I haven't gone through this guy's version of the process yet (my own is
sufficient, but I haven't really stress-tested it), but I know the guy
and am planning on trying it out.  Saw your question and thought you
could benefit from it too.  By the way, check out the page that hosts
these hints: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org.