[wplug] cheap thrills

Doug Green doug.green at verizon.net
Wed Mar 7 21:46:11 EST 2001

This is for anyone who plays games on their linux box- The store "Half Priced
Books" on McKnight Road now carries some linux software. Among the titles are
Descent 3, Heavy Gear II, and others (for about 15$ each). I just thought I'd
try to support a local bookstore that is trying to distribute linux stuff (oh
yeah, they are a cool indy second-hand bookstore too!).

As an aside, (ahem!) if anyone can help me configure my machine to use OpenGL
or hardware acceleration, I would really appreciate it! I'm running Mandrake
7.2 with a Voodoo Banshee video card. Any tips/suggestions would be great,
because I keep getting a failed request with XFree86 - DRI problem (whatever
that means). Thanks in advance-

Doug Green