[wplug] Networking

Logan dracoaardvark at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 7 00:51:14 EST 2001

I have to take a test on networking concepts for FBLA. I was wondering if
anybody could point me to some good networking books. I am really fuzzy on:
* ATM
* ports (I just found out about what they were the day of the preliminary
test)
* protocols (POP3, Telnet, IMAP, SMTP, IPX/SPX, Netbui, etc.)
* token ring
* coaxial cable (I know it's not used rarely, but it's on the test)
* Novel Netware
* most server side stuff

Unfortunately most of the software part of the test was on Windows, and I'm
a bit miffed that on the preliminary test they had an opinion question:
"There's a network of 9 Windows 98 boxes, 1 Windows 95 box, 1 Windows NT
Workstation, and 1 Unix machine. What is the most likely type of network?"
A) Peer to Peer
B) Client - Server
C) incorrect
D) incorrect
I don't know about you but I thought of Free/Net/Open BSD/Solaris/Irix/etc.
first, it didn't occur to me untill hours later that it could be some file
server! (and they wouln't give me a corrected version of the test to see
what the answer was)