[wplug] Parsec Development

Zach Paine zman at wplug.org
Sat Jun 30 18:31:29 EDT 2001

Well.. since I posted this here and it is linux related, I'd thought I'd
update you guys.  First I don't think they ever intended to make it
commercial.  They wanted it to be 'commercial quality freeware' and
eventually open it's source up (when it's done).  If you look on
www.parsec.org you can see new screenshots, and in the forum posts as
recent as.. today.  So I think it's still in development, but I do not know
when the internet capable version will be out.

Right now what you can download is a 'lan-test'.  It's a beautiful game
that reminds me a lot of Descent Freespace.  It's a hefty download (about
70megs), but it's great.  Perhaps some people will install it for the
upcoming installfest :)

--
Zach Paine
http://www.wplug.org/~zman/zman.key