[wplug] install fest

P. Hoemke phoemke at home.com
Thu Jun 28 18:54:09 EDT 2001

>>snip<
>I thought that Debian had support for a 68k architecture Linux.
>Maybe I was
>mistaken...nope,(http://www.debian.org/releases/potato/m68k/install.en.html#contents)
>Anybody else do this yet?

Ah, beware the Caveats, my friend! The jaws that snap! The teeth that bite!

You must follow, yes, follow to here:  http://www.mac.linux-m68k.org/

Which tells you which Macs are working-ish.  Specifically, then you want this:
http://maclinuxstatus.sourceforge.net/status/
Which tells us that the Performa 600 is more or less working, but
doesn't mention the 610.  Rummaging around some more on the site will
give you more of the gory details.  Last I checked, the 68k Performas
were way ahead of the PPC Performas, like, say the one I have right
here aching with serious penguin lust...
;-(

Hope that helps,
Paul.