[wplug] ReiserFS boot messages

David G Matthews dgm4+ at pitt.edu
Mon Jun 25 21:58:22 EDT 2001

Greetings.
I recently switched over to using ReiserFS, and I noticed the following
messages at boot time:

reiserfs:warning: CONFIG_REISERFS_CHECK is set to ON
reiserfs:warning: - it is slow mode for debugging.

I'm not sure what either of these mean.  "Slow mode", in particular, has
me wondering.  I'm not sure whether this affects filesystem access times
or not, but I'd like to get the fastest possible access time, so if this
is related to access speeds, is there a way to enable a "fast mode"?  Are
there any Reiser gurus out there who can interpret these messages?
-dgm