[wplug] Newbie: KDE on Mandrake 7.2

Luquilla Hughes luquilla at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 23 16:07:29 EDT 2001

>snip<
>1.  KDE question: While running KDE 2.0, I changed the theme to 'marble'
>and
>it crashed the system.  Suddenly no buttons will work (meaning I can't
>properly log out from KDE or do just about anything).  Is there some other
>way to reset the theme without running KDE (i.e.- what config file do I or
>can I edit to revert this)?
First let me apologize for my previous post because this email got sent to
the trashbin and I read it after the snipped reply of my earlier post. That
being said you should follow the other advice.

>2.  X Windows question:  Currently the system is set up to launch KDE when
>run 'startx' from the console.  How do I change that to lauch some other
>desktop or windows manager?  I'm familiar on how to do this on RedHat, but
>Mandrake seems to have things set up differently.  Perhaps I'm just missing
>something really simple, but I can't seem to figure it out.  (I can always
>use the graphical login to run other window managers, but I'd really like
>just change the 'startx' configuration).

Same comments as my other post but with this one thought. Thsi same question
was in a alt.slackware.* or comp.slackware.* newsgroup a couple of days ago
and there was another suggestion about scripting out start x so that you
could send an argument to it such as kde | gnome | wmaker and then it would
launch that windowmanager. was good idea if you like to change WM often.