[wplug] MkLinux?

Brad Hoover b_hoovs at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 18 00:27:45 EDT 2001

Hello all,

I'm coming to the July installfest. (I'm happy to
my first and only meeting.

For various reasons I have only been able to run a
windows machine for a while now, even though I would
like to get a linux box running.  Going through the
basement I found an old Apple PPC 6100/60.  I thought
to myself: Can I get linux to run on that?

I searched around for various ppc ports and was only
able to find one that should work with my hardware,
MkLinux (www.mklinux.org).  Has anybody tried it?
Does anybody have it on CD or would mind making a
image for me?  (No burner and the mac doesn't have a
modem or nic).  Otherwise I'll try to track down a
copy.  Hopefully with some help at the installfest I
can be successful, since I'm still a rather green
linux user.

Thanks a lot and see you soon,

Brad