[wplug] gcc Cross Compiler

Weber, Larry A laweber at switch.com
Thu Jun 7 12:49:28 EDT 2001

I am currently setting up a pentium based PC with Red Hat Linux 7.1.  I am
planning to use it to develop code for embedded systems that use Motorola
microprocessors, 68000, 68020, and 68332.  I would like to use gcc to
recompile gcc as a cross compiler(s) and linker.  It seems that there should
be some simple step by step instructions on how to do this out there on the
web.  However, all of my searches keep hitting either dead links, incomplete
instructions, or overly general information.  Does anyone know of a good
source of info on building and using gcc as a cross compiler/linker?

I would also be interested in any source of information on how to make a
background debug mode connection to the 68332 from a Linux PC.

-laweber