[wplug] printing copyrighted pdfs

John Harrold harrold at sage.che.pitt.edu
Fri Jun 1 15:09:19 EDT 2001

hey.

i've had this problem a few times in the past and it is creeping up more
frequently. here in the lab we get alot of our research material from
online journals. normally its in pdf format and more frequently they are
copyrighted. when i try to print them they goto the print spooler and then
disappear. i was wondering if any one out there had any expirence with
this and could shed some light on it. its really annoying to say the
least. i can print them to files but gostview cannot read them. it errors
out with some kind of comment like "invalidaccess in -dict-" or some such.

i know this isnt a linux specific question but i can print these files
from acrobat in windows but _not_ acrobat in linux.

thanks
john