[wplug] webcams

Robert Dale rdale at wplug.org
Mon Jul 30 15:27:20 EDT 2001

On Mon, 30 Jul 2001, Bryce Lynch wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Jul 2001, Robert Dale wrote:
>
> > Anyone know of the 'best' webcams when considering picture quality and
> > linux compatibility.  Good recommendations would work too :)
>
> I've been using a parallel port QuickCam (black and white) for a year or
> two, and it does the job nicely.  You can probably get them for next to
> nothing these days, but you're probably looking for something that does
> color...

Sorry, I should have been more specific...

I'm interested in support for multiple USB cams.  I know some cam drivers
have multiple cam support, but not all do.  Framerate is not really
an issue.  Color would be nice, but if I can get more from B&W that's fine.
Unless there are some significant advantages, a GPLed driver is a must -
yes, this means no Philips.

Thanks.

--
Robert Dale