[wplug] WinME, RH6.2 & Network

JW redrage at webmasterz.org
Wed Jul 25 17:38:02 EDT 2001

Ok this one has me all confused.

I got RedHat6.2 installed and setup as my router using IPChains (of course)
with a Bit of Samba sharing action.

Currently I have 4 systems on the network, The router (10.0.0.3), my 2k box
(10.0.0.1), my WinMe (ewwe) laptop (10.0.0.7) and a WinMe(double ewwe)
desktop (10.0.0.50).  Don't ask bout the ip assignments its kinda temporary
untill i figure out my problem.

the Windows me Desktop has access to shares on the linux box and everything
seems to work ok until i dial up with the linux box.  Once it is dialed in
the linux box can no longer ping the WinMe desktop.  All other systems work
just fine.

I know i screwed something up somewhere but for the life of me I can't find
it.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

Joe W.