[wplug] The Doc delemia, the ISP list.

Bryce Lynch bryce at telerama.lm.com
Mon Jul 23 15:34:40 EDT 2001

On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, Matthew Hughes wrote:

> At the recent installfest I helped this nice guy install Linux on his
> computer. He was/is however an AOL user. Now that he has Linux on his
> machine he would like to be able to connect to the internet, Did we as a
> group have a list of ISP's that we use/have? Anybody wanna comeout with
> a ringing endorsement for theirs?

I will stand for Telerama.  They have put up with my Linux systems for the
past couple of years, and even provided help a few times when I needed it.
@home is quietly amenable to Linux, and they will give a static IP if you
ask nicely.

> I have @home and it is okay but I just got the bill for next month and
> at $50.64 I think that it is going to have to be yanked(specially during
> this time of recession).

And you as well?

<considers Telerama DSL yet again...>

    Doctor Who - SysOp, Crystal Chantry - telnet://chantry.virtadpt.net:2422/
I didn't know it was impossible when I did it.