[wplug] VMWare question

Peter Williams broadway at city-net.com
Wed Jul 11 12:18:20 EDT 2001

*comes out of lurk mode with a question*

I boot Windoze2k then I run a RedHat box under VMWare.
Problem is, VMWare (at least in Windoze) uses a hotkey of Ctrl+E
to poweroff.  When I'm switching back and forth alot, I sometimes
think I'm in X and hit Ctrl+E to get to the end of the line, but I'm
really still in Windoze and can only yelp and fume as the superior
OS is once again ousted (the hotkey creating the equivalent of
inadvertently kicking the power button).

Has anyone else experienced this problem, or overcome it?
Is there a way to disable VMWare's Ctrl+E hotkey?

Thanks,
Peter