[wplug] ipchains

Rich Rosenbaum rrosenbaum at dmralliance.com
Tue Jul 3 16:23:55 EDT 2001

I think this will be the last post.......

I love lokkit (a program used to alter /etc/sysconfig/ipchains). I tried using it
before, but at the time did not know ntp should have been udp. But I know now, and
have been able to make it work right with a reboot.

Thank you so much. Hope to meet you Saturday.

Rich

Robert Dale wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Jul 2001, Rich Rosenbaum wrote:
>
> > >From my reading, any changes are disregarded upon reboot. There is a script
> > that involves "-save" I think from reading the How-to in ipchains,  that can be
> > placed in the beginning of the start-up process. I've already started to
> > reinstall RH on one machine.
>
> IIRC, this is on a RH7.x system.  Therefor, you can put your rules in
> /etc/sysconfig/ipchains and they will be started automatically on reboot
> and otherwise controlled via
> /etc/init.d/ipchains {start|stop|restart|status|panic|save}
>
> --
> Robert Dale
>
> wplug member since 1998

As always, if you have any questions, you may contact me at
rrosenbaum at dmralliance.com, or by calling 412-798-2525. We will continue to update
you with all relevant information in order to help make your network experience with
DMR more enjoyable.

Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.

Sincerely,

Rich Rosenbaum
President, The DMR Alliance Inc.

Phone: (412) 798-2525