[wplug] ipchains

Rich Rosenbaum rrosenbaum at dmralliance.com
Mon Jul 2 17:10:07 EDT 2001

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me if ntp is tcp or udp? I configured RH 7.1 to allow
incoming ntp (ntp:tcp) for ntpdate. No luck there. And as a newbie, the
man pages for ipchains are little bit overwhelming. If I type ipchains
-L, I can see ntp listed identically as ftp, ssh, and telnet, but after
an ifup ppp0, then ntpdate time.apple.com or various other time servers,
I get "no server suitable .....". Then when I type ipchains -F (flushes
the current permissions), and do it again - ntpdate works fine. So
either ntp might be udp, or something else is wrong.....

Anyone have a guess?

thanks, and see you all Saturday

BTW, mind if I bring mpegplay and some mpeg's to install on someone
else's machine to see how they look with a better graphics card?

Rich Rosenbaum