[wplug] Where have all the modules gone?

David G Matthews dgm4+ at pitt.edu
Wed Jan 31 11:39:28 EST 2001

I just downloaded and compiled the 2.4.1 kernel last night, and
everything seemed to be working well, until I discovered that none of my
modules seem to have been loaded.  I got a message saying that modprobe
could not find the depmod file for the new kernel. What's up?
-dgm
P.S.: some more info, if this helps:  I had been running kernel 2.2.16.
Distro is SuSE 7.0.  Oddly enough, most things seem to be working,
including things like sound which i thought were modules.  When I run
lsmod, it informs me that there are no modules running.  Huh?