[wplug] Compaq Installation Problem

Weber, Larry A laweber at switch.com
Tue Jan 30 11:50:08 EST 2001

I am trying to install Caldera's eDesktop 2.4 on a 600MHz Compaq Deskpro.  I
have had no problems with this revision on several other machines.  When I
get to the step where I need to enter passwords, the computer starts
entering characters all by itself.  They show up as asteriks just like my
entries. (Noisey keyboard interrupts???)  I can delete them but they keep
coming back at a rate of a couple a second.

Rev. 2.3 had a Compaq keyboard lock-up problem that could only be resolved
by disabling the USB ports.  Even if it solved this problem, it is not an
acceptable solution as I need the ports in Windows.  Has anyone run into
this?

-laweber