[wplug] <not much of a subject>

Jack Detrick vze24938 at verizon.net
Sat Jan 27 19:16:02 EST 2001

Hey

I just signed up to this list the other night, figured it's about time I
join a LUG.

I've been using Linux for a few years, starting in late '98.  My cousin
showed me a few screenshots of an Enlightenment desktop and I just had
to check it out.  I started out with redhat, then mandrake, and
eventually moved to slackware.  Whenever I have to be stuck with a
distro, I choose slack.  For the past 1/2 year though I've been building
my linux systems from scratch (http://www.linuxfromscratch.org)--great
fun and good learning experience.  The system I'm on right now is based
on kernel 2.4.0 (no ac patches, no reiser), glibc-2.1, gcc-2.95.2, and X
4.0.2.  The system I'm building an automated compilation from (takes a
while) is based on kernel 2.4.0 (patchlevel ac10) or one of the
2.4.1-pre's, glibc-2.2, gcc-2.95.2.1, and of course X 4.0.2 unless by
some miracle 4.0.3 is released in the very near future.  I'm considering
reiser for the one i'm building now, but there's some security risks
involved with it.

I'm going to school (college) now so I'm not working in the industry,
and even if I weren't going to school I have a hard as hell time getting
work since I don't have any previous job experience and I can't bring
myself to "stretch the truth" about that.

Anyway, I figured I'd introduce myself to the list.

--
With no walls or fences on the internet, who needs Windows or Gates?