[wplug] directory replication in linux.

Casey R. Tweten crt at kiski.net
Sat Jan 27 18:45:54 EST 2001

Today around 4:33pm, jmh3 at linuxfreak.com hammered out this masterpiece:

:
: >
: > Well, I am assuming that you would run the rsync daemon on both
: > machines and use the client on both machines.  If that's the case
: > then, yes it will.  Client recieves from the server, in this case
: > roles may be switched at any time.
:
: that is what i was thinking, but i was wondering if it would get stuck in
: some sort of cyclic problem. if i were to use this method, (correct me if
: i am wrong) after make changes on one computer i would have to run rsync
: on the second computer to sync the changes. is there any way make this
: work like a daemon and make the updates automatically?

Yes.

Is cron good enough?  I have a shell script 'rsync-perl' that I put in
cron, it is:

#!/bin/sh
rsync -avz rsync://ftp.linux.activestate.com/perl-current ~/build/perl

--
print(join(' ', qw(Casey R. Tweten)));my $sig={mail=>'crt at kiski.net',site=>
'http://home.kiski.net/~crt'};print "\n",'.'x(length($sig->{site})+6),"\n";