[wplug] directory replication in linux.

Casey R. Tweten crt at kiski.net
Sat Jan 27 18:13:08 EST 2001

Today around 3:58pm, jmh3 at linuxfreak.com hammered out this masterpiece:

: hey.
:
: i'm looking for opinions on something.
: i have a home directory on my box at home and at school. what i want to do
: is do an initial syncing at home and at school, and i want a program that
: will record changes made to files on computer A and apply them to computer
: B also. so for example my advisor has a copy of his homedir on his laptop.
: he goes to a conference and makes changes to some files. he comes back and
: the changes are synced with the network when he returns.
:
: any thoughts/ideas?
:
: i looked at rsync, but i'm not sure if it is what i am looking for.

I use rsync to get the latest development version of Perl.  It is
exactly what you want.  I have a local copy of the development version
and when I use rsync it only downloads the files that don't match my
local version, i.e. new versions of files or fresh copies of files i
have changed.

--
print(join(' ', qw(Casey R. Tweten)));my $sig={mail=>'crt at kiski.net',site=>
'http://home.kiski.net/~crt'};print "\n",'.'x(length($sig->{site})+6),"\n";