[wplug] Nsswitch.conf docs?

Hagbard Celine hceline at softhome.net
Fri Jan 26 02:59:36 EST 2001

> do you know what the nsswitch.conf is suppossed to do?
> what distro ?

Yes, I know what nsswitch.conf does.  It's involved in determining how name
lookups are done.  I was hoping to find a description of the parameters
involved.

The distro is Fnord, my own homebrew.  The distribution shouldn't make any
difference, however.  NSS is right out of libc6, which is about as basic as one
can get.  I would *hope* that individual distros don't mess with the system
libraries.  Having said that, however, they probably do...

Hagbard