[wplug] RedHat 7 and Reiserfs

Steve Jones steve at jonescape.com
Thu Jan 25 14:06:07 EST 2001

On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 11:53:54AM -0700, jmh3 at linuxfreak.com wrote:
> if you want something a little more like redhat, i believe
> mandrake 7.2 has support for reiserfs out of the box.
> mandrake ships with a 2.2.x kernel with alot of patches.

Yeah, that's my understanding too. I might go that way. It
doesn't appear to be possible to upgrade a reiserfs-based
system to RH7. Their installation utility just crashes and
burns -- even in expert mode.

--
Steve Jones                            <steve at jonescape.com>

PGP: 1A98501A
fp:  D695 6031 30F5 70E6 975F  C876 1956 946C 1A98 501A

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.  Inside of
a dog, it's too dark to read."
                                      -- G. Marx