[wplug] error in installation of glib-1.2.8

jmh3 at linuxfreak.com jmh3 at linuxfreak.com
Mon Jan 22 07:59:05 EST 2001

On Sun, 21 Jan 2001, Juan Zuluaga wrote:

> A question,
>
> I am trying to install gnome, and when installing the
> package glib-1.2.8,
> running ./configure gives me this message:
>
> configure: error: I can't find the libraries
> for the thread implementation
>                 posix. Please choose another thread
> implementation or
>                 provide information on your thread
> implementation.
>                 You can also run 'configure
> --disable-threads'
>                 to compile without thread support.
a subversive response:
i went to rpmfind.net and looked at one of the glib packages:
http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/kondara/jirai/i586////glib-1.2.8-3k.i586.html

the reason is because it lists what the packages require. this one
requires libpthread.so.0. so i would look for this file. if you dont see
it, you'll have to find a tar.gz (thats what slack uses right?) for it. if
you do see it add an option in ./configure to point to it.

john