[wplug] error in installation of glib-1.2.8

Juan Zuluaga jz31416 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 22 01:31:59 EST 2001

A question,

I am trying to install gnome, and when installing the
package glib-1.2.8,
running ./configure gives me this message:

configure: error: I can't find the libraries
for the thread implementation
                posix. Please choose another thread
implementation or
                provide information on your thread
implementation.
                You can also run 'configure
--disable-threads'
                to compile without thread support.

The faqs and manuals don't say much. I run the
zipslack distribution of Slackware 3.6. Any help would
be appreciated.