[wplug] re: seyon/minicom

Luquilla Hughes luquilla at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 19 13:45:05 EST 2001

My understaning of the situation:
That is the right answer. or you could move the modem to its own group and
only allow people you want to have access to the modem to the group.

You may harm important files that belong to the uucp group if the file
permissons allow it. because juan now has control of everything of the
group.

Minicom seems to operate with the setuid, and everything I have read
indicates that there is a security hole in Setuid and if at all possible you
should avoid it. I am not sure if you could really clasify it as "unsafe". I
hope that a security guru will chime in with the correct answer.