[wplug] ftp as install media?

P. Hoemke phoemke at home.com
Thu Jan 18 20:47:54 EST 2001

Hail!

I'm meddling with Linux again after using FreeBSD quite a bit for the
last year or so; having missed the installfest (discovering my cd-rom
drive is imitating cooked fish: mighty flaky!), I'm wondering if
there's a comparable install-over-ftp option for any linux distros.
(Can you tell I have the cable modem now...?) I know there's the NFS
option for some, but that would imply I'm competent with NFS...  :<

Else I'll probably just snag Slackware or Debian -- anyone messed
with the ZipSlack?

Pax vobis,
Paul Hoemke
phoemke at home.com