[wplug] Any Suggestion for DSL Service for Linux?

jmh3 at linuxfreak.com jmh3 at linuxfreak.com
Tue Jan 16 10:32:56 EST 2001

On Tue, 16 Jan 2001, Robert Dale wrote:

> I would not recommend SAINT.  It is inaccurate and obscure.
> If you just want to see what services are running, try nmap -
> http://www.insecure.org/nmap/
> If you want to do a vulnerability check, try nessus - http://www.nessus.org/
when i ran it, it showed the same information as nmap. it also had with it
a information on various security issues and which os's they applied to.
i didn't find it to be that obscure. it ran from a webbrowser with a java
interface. the security descriptions were straight out of bug
track/security focus. i'm not a security guru by any means, but i thought
it was very informative.