[wplug] SparcStations

David G Matthews dgm4+ at pitt.edu
Mon Jan 15 15:13:50 EST 2001

I just picked up a couple old SparcStations at Goodwill Computers on the
South Side.  I don't know much about these systems, and would appreciate
any info I can get. They are series 4 "shoebox" machines; one is an IPX
and the other is an IPC.  Goodwill didn't have any keyboards or mice, and
I couldn't pick up a monitor because I don't have a car and it would have
been pretty hard to get it on the bus.  Therefore, I don't even have a way
of testing them out at the moment.  Does anyone have access to Sun
peripherals that so that I can check to see if they even boot before I go
looking for keyboards, mice, and monitors?  Or can I set up my Linux PC to
act as a serial consol to the Sparc box?  (If so, how?)
I'd appreciate any info I can get.
-dgm
P.S.: They had plenty more of these things, as well as some "pizza box"
Sparc 1's, at the Goodwill, if anyone is curious.