[wplug] [wplug-announce] Installfest Update

Zach Paine zman at angstrom.net
Thu Jan 11 23:08:01 EST 2001

Left out some important things didn't I?
It will run between 10am and 5pm.  If you show up between 10:00 and 11:00 Zach
Paine will let you in.  If you come after that, you will need to call the cell
phone number or the room.  We will try to post the room phone # on access
doors.  Please bring some money ( like 5 dollars ) for lunch.  Any questions
can be directed at wplug-plan at wplug.org.

On Thu, Jan 11, 2001 at 01:19:57PM -0800, zman at charlie.angst-inc.com wrote:

> Greetings wpluggers!
>
> This Saturday, January 13 2001, wplug will wplug hosting an installfest
> at Carnegie Mellon University's Wean Hall, room #4623.  If you're
> are new to linux and want to have linux installed on your system,
> feel free to bring it and be helped by the linux gods of Western
> Pennsylvania.. or perhaps just wplug members.Things you may wish
> to have for this installfest are:
> 1. A system
> 2. A network card for installations and internet access
> 3. A cdrom for installation.
>
> We will have copies of linux and expertise.  If you already have
> linux installed, feel free to bring your system and explore the
> wonders of linux with others.
>
> Directions and more meeting info is available at http://www.wplug.org/meetings
>
> 		OTHER IMPORTANT INSTALLFEST NOTES:
>
> NOTE: Due to a new security system, you will need have to call
> up to the room in order to be let in.  The room number is 4623
> and can be reached from any CMU phone, or call Zach Paine on
> his cell phone: 412-389-3362.  We have been notified that cell
> phones might not work inside the building, so try to get to a
> cmu phone. WPLUG is very sorry about this inconvenience.
>
> The Happy Hacking cmu people WPLUG having a promotion where they
> are giving LUGs a big discount (~40%) on their 'lite' model of
> keyboards. James O'Kane will have a demo keyboard at the installfest
> to look at and play with. You can talk to James about getting
> in on installfest discount and other details.
>  URL of the keyboard:
>  http://www.pfuca.com/products/hhkb/hhkblite.html
>

> -----
> Sent using MailStart.com ( http://MailStart.Com/welcome.html )
> The FREE way to access your mailbox via any web browser, anywhere!

Zach Paine
http://www.wplug.org/~zman/zman.key
Key available from pgp.ai.mit.edu ID: 87746D3D
Fingerprint: B813 EFB8 ECD0 0C34 6F7F  71DD 01E9 17C3 8774 6D3D