[wplug] Netscape and RH7.0

Smith, Edward ESmith at Interactive-media.com
Thu Jan 11 09:31:13 EST 2001

I just started switching to the Mozilla Nightly builds. I'm using the Jan 8
build for Both Windows and Linux right now and It's a big improvement over
the version of Netscape that came with RH7.
I also understand from others that the nightly Mozillia builds run a little
faster than NS6 on linux too.

-Ed

Edward C. Smith
Multimedia Programmer
Interactive Media Corp.
Butler, PA
(724) 284-7396

-----Original Message-----
From: David Tessitor [mailto:dttessitor at home.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2001 7:18 PM
To: wplug at wplug.org
Subject: Re: [wplug] Netscape and RH7.0

Have you tried Netscape 6?  It's out and has some advantages, such as being
able to adjust the viewing size of fonts with <cntrl -> and <cntrl +> or the
menu under "view"  (it's disabled under 4.7x).

I did notice that 6 runs a little slower though.

Installation of 6 is also different, as one downloads an installer that
installs directly off the internet (it is, however, possible to download the
files and locally install if the primary method fails).

Dave

AtHome wrote:

> With Netscape, you only have two choices: bus error or segmentation fault.
>
> I just installed RH 7 and Netscape runs normally (for Netscape). (The only
thing flakier than Netscape is Netscape Composer!)