[wplug] isapnp problems

Beth Skwarecki skwareea at screech.cs.alfred.edu
Thu Jan 4 12:04:18 EST 2001

OK, so a few days ago I had a RH7.0 box with a working modem and a
non-working ISA network card. I set about trying to get the network card
working, as this machine will one day be a firewall.

After messing with isapnp a bit, I managed to "install" the modem on top of
itself several times (I didn't realize I could leave the modem as is, stupid
mistake) so that dmesg reports ttys0, ttys1, and ttys2 as all being used by
the modem. Since the modem no longer works, I assume that this is not the
ideal configuration. :-)

So what do I do now? (the network card, which is not involved in any of
this, still doesn't work, but I can deal with that later). How do I remove
the extra settings? Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

--beth

--
http://playground.alfred.edu/~bethnewt/