[wplug] Request for help.

Zach Paine zman at wplug.org
Tue Feb 27 18:17:37 EST 2001

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001 15:32:37 "Reany, Burt" wrote:
> Folks;
>   I've been asked to help a friend in Pa set up his dial-in line on a
> Pentium-based Mandrake 7.1 system, with a Comptrol Rocketport 8-port
> card,
> usinc Comtrol's linux drivers. The tty ports work, but not the dial-in
> port.
> That port has a US Robotics Sportster modem on it. Comtrol's docs haven't
> been as helpful as I'd hoped. Is there anyone with one of their units who
> could stty -a </dev/tty* to a file, and e-mail me a copy of the stty
> characteristics of a working dial-in modem line, to help save me a trip?

I can tell you that I just setup a dial-in line using a USR 56k fax/data
modem, not a sportster.  What I can tell you is that it's pretty easy to do
with mgetty: http://www.leo.org/~doering/mgetty/
There is documentation there that pretty well describes setting up dial-in
lines.

--
Zach Paine
http://www.wplug.org/~zman/zman.key