[wplug] DSL for linux

Zach Paine zman at wplug.org
Tue Feb 27 18:14:42 EST 2001

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001 15:32:54 Ross wrote:
> Hi
>
> I was wondering what DSL services are good for linux.  I am having
> trouble finding one in my area that has good Linux support.  Also, I
> wanted to know the best way to hook it into my home network. Any help
> would be greatly appreciated.

I have IDSL from Ibsnetorks (www.ibsnetworks.com).  It took them almost a
year to get it installed, but now that I have it, I love it!  I bought a
LinkSys Cable/DSL Router which is a router/switch/hub fun thing.  It has a
nifty web interface to set it up, and you can get it in 1,2, and 4 port
variants.  It supports DHCP for easy configuration of clients, and PPPoE if
you have verizon dsl.  Setting it up was uber easy.  It has port forwarding
and customizable routing tables as well, which is quite handy.  I wike it.

zman

--
Zach Paine
http://www.wplug.org/~zman/zman.key