[wplug] Verizon and a Linksys box

Fetherston, Tom Tom.Fetherston at marconi.com
Mon Feb 26 13:03:49 EST 2001

Doug Green wrote:

Ummm..  I'm kinda dropping in on the middle of this, but... I have verizon
DSL so I thought I'd throw in my quick 2cents. I had to configure the
account
first under windows with their (verizon's) winpoet software - then I used
roaring penguin's PPPoE (I guess there's also PPPoEd) as a user-space
solution in Mandrake 7.2. Worked without a hitch. I think the initial
"activation" is mandatory with the windows client. After that, you can trash

the verizon software, and use whatever you want.

Thanks Doug, that answers one of my questions, now has anyone used the
built-in
PPP in the linksys?  Just curious to know if it works with Verizon.

Tom