[wplug] New wplug service: Dynamic DNS

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Sat Feb 24 14:11:01 EST 2001

that we announce a new wplug product that we've been working on in our
secret underground labratories for the past few months.

Starting now, we are offering a dns name, such as foo.members.wplug.org,
for any members of wplug. This will not be a general public service and as
such, all new accounts will be created manually.

If you would like to sign up, you should send me in a private email 3
things, A hostname, a password, and a valid email address. After you
receive notification that your account has been created, you can go to
www.members.wplug.org and download the client software and being using it.

Since this is the first public test of this, we expect there to be some
problems with it. Please direct all issues to the recently announced
buzilla as http://bugs.wplug.org/

And as a final note, using this is a privledge. I'm hosting it on my
personal machines and if the system gets abused then it will be turned
off. (I don't expect it, but I should be said up front.)

-james