[wplug] re: dell laptop

trquinlan at home.com trquinlan at home.com
Thu Feb 22 21:29:52 EST 2001

I have a Dell CPXJ and slackware 7.1 installed just fine.  I have also had
a Dell CPIA with slackware 7.0 and that was a piece of cake to.  I had to
install alsa though to get the sound card working and install the latest
card services to support my ethernet card.

So as far as mandrake is concerned, I say go for it.  The hardware on even
their latest models is supported (except for the latitude LS ultra light -
i've heard that there are some problems).  Dell uses red hat on their stock
linux installs, so you could always get the rpms for wierd hardware issues
from the Dell support site.