[wplug] @home cable question.

Rob Nelson ronelson at vt.edu
Thu Feb 22 17:54:09 EST 2001

>For the past few days, I have been considering pointing a hostname for a
>domain I've registered at my @home cable connection's IP address, but have
>been having second thoughts.  There have been several horror stories
>published by people who have gotten their connections pulled for so much
>as a dhs.org hostname, and I really don't want to lose my connection.
>What do you think they chances would be of their discovering this?

I use @home in Bellefonte, PA (10 miles east of State College), which is
still run by AT&T, but it varies even from the State College @home in
policies, people who handle accounts, etc. That said, ronelson.dynip.com
points at my box, which hosts a web server and ftp server that I mainly use
as a file waypoint for transfers at work. I haven't been shut down in just
over one and a half years of using the service.

Rob Nelson
ronelson at vt.edu