[wplug] Bylaws

David Tessitor dttessitor at home.com
Fri Feb 9 18:10:06 EST 2001

The material listed on the website are not really the bylaws of WPLUG.
Evidently, as could best be discerned during the second Member Organizational
Meeting which focused upon the structure and decision process of WPLUG, they had
been put there after someone mentioned it would be a good idea to have bylaws.
So a search was done on the Internet for some bylaws, the name was simply
changed to WPLUG, and they were posted to the website.  They were never adopted
by the group, nobody ever referred to them, and they have never been followed.

It is really a bit deceptive to have them there, and I have suggested that they
should be removed from the site.  It wouldn't hurt anything to take them down.
The only thing they have done is confuse those of us who didn't know any better
and thought they were actually the group's bylaws.  This was the root of a major
misunderstanding last fall and it spawned a distrust that has carried over to
the present.

Please, please, please.   Someone put them out of their misery and delete them
before they can confuse some other poor, trusting chaps.

David Tessitor