[wplug] weird apache logs

Bryce Lynch bryce at telerama.lm.com
Fri Dec 28 11:40:50 EST 2001

On Thu, 27 Dec 2001, Shawn Djernes wrote:

> if it can break into IIS.  I would use whois and nslookup to find them and
> then report the computer to the ISP or company owning it's IP.  That is all
> you can do.

The CGI utilities at http://www.samspade.org/ can help you with this - one
of them determines who owns a particular IP address by matching it up to
the block of IPs that've been allocated and doing a whois on that.

You might also want to take a look at this utility, it's made things much
easier for me at work:  http://www.tenebrous.com/files/codeblue-v4.tar.gz

    Doctor Who - SysOp, Crystal Chantry - telnet://chantry.virtadpt.net:2422/
Meets quality standards: compiles without errors.