[wplug] Building a beowulf (was: ideas for the new year)

J Aaron Farr jaaron_farr at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 23 21:57:44 EST 2001

The more we discuss it, the more I think the beowulf idea sounds really
great.  I think there are several of us who all would like the experience of
setting up a cluster of some sort, even if it were really small.  It sounds
like we could definitely round up the required equipment to set one up.

Would we have to do it all in one sitting?  Could we break it up (like first
a how-to lesson/planning then later actually putting it together)?  Would we
want to break something like that up?

I know I've asked this before, but just in case someone new is reading: does
anyone have any actual experience with beowulfs or related clustering
technologies?

And Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays to everyone!

jaaron

"It is true, I might have run 'amok' against society, but I preferred that
society should run 'amok' aginst me, it being the more desperate party"  --
Thoreau