[wplug] Building a beowulf (was: ideas for the new year)

Logan dracoaardvark at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 22 16:22:21 EST 2001

At Goveigner's School for IT this summer I took the course on building
clusters. We spend about a week and a half covering how clusers work and
visiting clusers arround the PSU campus. But when we finally got down to
actually building our own cluster, it only took one day. It was a 3 node,
one server cluster over 10/100 eathernet using PII's donated for the day by
annother department of PSU. Most of the time was spent installing Linux, but
we didn't really understand most of what he was doing when he was
configuring them. (so count me out for practical knowledge)

-Logan