[wplug] Building a beowulf (was: ideas for the new year)

Elwin Green bekitemba at excite.com
Sat Dec 22 13:10:42 EST 2001

Greetings, all-

I am still very much a newbie, but I've been secretly dreaming of building a
cluster from all the older/spare parts I have lying around. So the idea of
building a wplug beowulf gets a big "yes" vote from me. I could bring in a
couple of older boxes, not to mention spare motherboards and processors (all
386/486).

But could we actually build the thing in a day, or would it take 2 or more
sessions? Either way, I think it would be a great project - I just hope that
someone can give us a realistic idea of the time required.

Elwin G.