[wplug] Re: suggestions for the new year

J Aaron Farr jaaron_farr at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 21 13:00:57 EST 2001

I really like the 'we should build our own beowulf' idea.

I'm pretty certain that the nodes do not need to have the same
architecture--although architecture homogeneity would make the process much
simplier I'm sure. ORNL's "Stone SouperComputer" has (or had) some 486's,
Pentiums, and Alphas all working together (http://stonesoup.esd.ornl.gov/).

-jaaron